Why should I become a member?
Your membership in the American Saddlebred Horse Association contributes significantly to safeguarding the integrity of the breed, promotion the use of Saddlebreds, and expanding the public’s knowledge of America’s original show and sport horse.
The monetary value of your membership contribution is returned many times over in benefits to the breed and to you as an Association member, as well as in services provided by the Association and the American Saddlebred Registry.
Benefits of your membership
Members receive a digital version of the American Saddlebred magazine, an official publication of the American Saddlebred Horse Association, a bi-monthly featuring the horses and people making news today, along with veterinary and legal commentary, history and a world of information on Saddlebreds. An added attraction is the magazine’s annual supplement, Journal of the American Saddlebred, the statistical "Bible" of the breed.
Access to vital information:
The most comprehensive database in the breed is just a click or call away! Ask for ownership history, pedigrees, show records, get of sire and produce of dam listings—the background you need to make informed decisions about show horses and breeding stock.
Recognition and Prize Programs:
The American Saddlebred Registry sponsors a number of payback programs for breeders and exhibitors, including the Kentucky and National Futurities, the ASR Sweepstakes and the Sport Horse Incentive Program.
In addition to the programs administered by ASR, many state organizations also offer futurities for American Saddlebreds.
Membership with ASHA will also allow owners and trainers to participate at USEF licensed compeitions.
Participation in industry events:
ASHA conducts an Annual Convention and Youth Conference for the education and enjoyment of its members. They are held in conjunction with the Association’s Annual Meeting, in order to receive maximum communication from members regarding ASHA business. The Convention and Conference are usually scheduled for the first weekend in February, in Lexington, Kentucky.
|PROMOTING THE BREED
||SAFEGUARDING ITS INTEGRITY
|ASR Prize Programs
ASHA Recognition Awards
- 2011 total payout: $933,382
- Kentucky & National Futurity
- Sport Horse Incentive Program
- State Futurities
ASR Recognition Awards
- State Pleasure Horse Awards
- National Pleasure Horse Awards
- Breeders’ Award
- ASHA Annual Awards
- ASHA High Point Award for Saddlebreds and Half Saddlebreds
- USDF All Breed Awards
- Saddlebred Record
- Saddlebred Record Equitation
- Saddlebred Select
- Sport Horse Year End Awards
- Sport Horse High Point Neck Ribbon Award
- Half Saddlebred Achievement Award
- Journal of the American Saddlebred
- Online Junior Junction
- Promotional Brochures
- American Saddlebred Daily (Kentucky State Fair)
- Charter Clubs
- Youth Programs and Scholarships
- Annual Meeting & Youth Conference
- Access to Registry Database
- Official Kentucky State Fair Results
- Electronic Updates of ASHA News
- Online Membership Directory
- Unlimited access to Saddlebred.com
- Transfer of Ownership
- Annual Register
- Lease Agreement
- Certificate of Eligibility to Show
- Name Changes
- Verify Certificates
- Show Results
- Stallion Service Reports
- Get of Sire/Produce of Dam
- Blood Typing/DNA
ASHA Membership Types
|For ages 18 and over
||For ages 17 and under
Basic benefits of Adult Membership
- Online American Saddlebred magazine
- Journal of the American Saddlebred/Reference Directory
- ASHA Online Membership Directory
- One extended pedigree or horse’s show record
- Eligibility to vote and attend Annual ASHA Convention
- Discount from National and Alamo Car Rental
Basic benefits of Junior Membership:
- Online "Junior Junction" newsletter
- Eligibility for youth programs
Fee structure of Adult memberships:
Lifetime Member For a one-time only fee of $2,500.00, you receive the benefits of Adult Membership, plus a custom-made 10K gold pin and an embossed certificate of membership.
- Contributing Member For an annual fee of $100.00, you receive the benefits of Adult Membership, plus an embossed certificate of membership.
- Senior Member For an annual fee of $70.00, you receive the benefits of Adult Membership.
- Charter Club Affiliate Member Adult member who is also a member of an official ASHA Charter Club. Fee is $50.00 annually.
Fee structure of Junior memberships:
- Junior Members For an annual fee of $30.00, you receive the benefits of Junior Membership.
- Special Junior Members For an annual fee of $60.00, you receive the benefits of Junior Membership, plus all the benefits of Adult Membership, except the privilege of voting.
- Youth Club Affiliate Member Special Junior Member who is also member of an official ASHA Youth Club. Fee is $40.00 annually.
There are two ways to become a member:
Proud Supporters of American Saddlebreds
Bank of America offers ASHA members a Saddlebred MasterCard or Visa. Bank of America will make a contribution to ASHA each time an account is opened and make additional contributions every time the card is used.
As an ASHA member, you’ll get unlimited mileage and your-round discounts of up to 20% off National’s rates at approximately 3,000 locations in 72 countries across the globe. For information and reservations, contact National® online or at 1-800-CAR-RENT. Request ID Number 5282865 at time of reservation.
Members can now take advantage of a 15% discount at over 5,000 participating Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, MainStay Suites®, Econo Lodge®, and Rodeway Inn® brand hotels worldwide! Make reservations online or call (800) 258-2857. you must book in advance and reference the ASHA Special Rate Identification #00802188.
Welcome to Alamo Country®, where ASHA members get unlimited mileage and year-round discounts of up to 15% off Alamo’s already great rates. For information and reservations, contact Alamo online or at 1-800-GOALAMO. Request ID Number 706768 at the time of reservation..
By mailing proof of Southern States feed purchases to ASHA, the Association can receive cash back to promote and market the breed through Southern States’ SHOW program.
Members receive a 10% discount at the Kentucky Horse Park’s gift shop by presenting their membership card.
This website copyright 1999-2014 by the American Saddlebred Horse Association.
All rights reserved. No part may be published, broadcast or redistributed in any form
without the express written consent of the American Saddlebred Horse Association.
Authorized User Access