Breed Ambassador Program
The ASHBA Breed Ambassador Program recognizes and celebrates those who help to promote the American Saddlebred, whether they have one horse or one hundred, whether they live in the great west or in the heart of horse country, and whether they compete in saddle seat, dressage, trail riding, or not at all!
Points can also be earned for riding in parades, getting on television or in magazines, going to exhibitions, attending open breed shows, and a myriad of other activities. We recognize that no one outreach works in every area, and that anything we can do is valuable! You may have a new idea that’s never been tried!
Any ASHBA member and their registered full or Half American Saddlebred who takes the time to reach out and share the breed with those outside our Saddlebred community can earn points to become a Regional Breed Ambassador, and possibly a World’s Champion Breed Ambassador!
Pictured: 2022 Breed Ambassadors: World Champion Barn - Brannon Stables. World Champion Charter Club - Illinois American Saddlebred Pleasure Horse Association (IASPHA). World Champion Ambassador and Diplomat of the Breed - Kathie Jacobsen and CH Spurwing's Superfine Lady
Amateur Individual- based on one individual’s contributions to help promote the American Saddlebred. The Individual MUST be an active member of ASHBA and submit. Individuals may cross enter into the horse, barn or charter club division. World and Regional Champion and Reserve Champion honors will be awarded.
Horse- based on one horses’ contribution to promoting the American Saddlebred. There will be a division for American Saddlebreds and Half American Saddlebreds. The horse MUST be a registered with the American Saddlebred Horse and Breeders Association and the owner MUST be an active member. World and Regional Champion and Reserve Champion honors will be awarded.
Barn Group- based on one barn’s contribution to promoting the American Saddlebred. The business owner MUST be an active member to participate. World and Regional Champion and Reserve Champion honors will be awarded.
Charter Club- based on the Charter Club’s contributions to promote the breed. Charter Clubs must be active to participate. World and Regional Champion and Reserve Champion honors will be awarded.
- Activities from December 1 of the competition year can be tallied at any time until November 30.
- All participants MUST be active members of ASHBA and in good standing.
- Horses used in Breed Ambassador activities must be registered American Saddlebreds or Half American Saddlebreds.
- Participants must compete in one Region only, and must be designated on their activity form.
- Each participant is required to maintain an activity log on the back of the chart or separate sheet. Winners will be asked to send in a list of their promotional activities for the year.
- In the case of ties, recognition and prizes will be awarded to each high-point earner in the category.
Complete activity Sheets are due December 15, via email to email@example.com. Please make sure the form is completed in its entirety before submission. To streamline the process, Activity sheets will no longer be collected by charter clubs.