Bill Wise American Saddlebred Sweepstakes
The Bill Wise American Saddlebred Sweepstakes Program is designed to perpetuate the breeding, training and showing of the American Saddlebred horse. They are a great benefit in promoting the breed and bringing new people into the industry.
Entries in the Three- and Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes compete in the following classes: Three-Gaited, Five-Gaited, Fine Harness and Three-Gaited Park Pleasure. Entries in the Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes will compete in the following classes: Three-Gaited Park and Fine Harness.
Horses are nominated in the yearling year to the Two- and Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes and in the three-year-old year to the Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes. A horse does not have to be nominated for the Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes in order to be nominated for the Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes. Horses do not have to be nominated for the Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes in order to be nominated for the Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes.
Nomination with payment is required for each program separately by their respective due dates.
- Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes Payments
- $75 due June 1 of the horse's yearling year OR $125 due September 15 of the horse's yearling year AND $200 due June 1 of the horse's two-year-old year.
- Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes Payments
- $500 due March 1 of the horse's yearling year OR $200 due March 1 of the horse's yearling year AND $200 due March 1 of the horse's two-year-old year AND $200 due March 1 of the horse's three-year-old year.
- Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes Payments
- $500 due March 1 of the horse's three-year-old year OR $250 due March 1 of the horse's three-year-old year AND $250 due March 1 of the horse's four-year-old year.
All Sweepstakes classes are conducted under the rules of the U. S. Equestrian Federation. A horse is nominated in its yearling year to the Two- and/or Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes and is nominated to the Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes in its three-year-old year.
Prize money is divided between the recorded owner at the time of competition and the original nominator(s).
Forms can be completed electronically by saving the file and then submitting by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or printed and faxed to (859) 259-1628 or mailed to ASHBA, 4083 Wing Commander Way, Suite 50, Lexington, KY 40511.
To find out if a horse is nominated to the American Saddlebred Sweepstakes, please contact ASHBA at 859-259-2742 or email email@example.com.