Sally Jackson and Stephens College announce new $20,000 scholarship for 2022 USEF Saddle Seat Medals Finals winner
Equine industry pioneer Sally Jackson and Stephens College today announced a new $20,000 Scholarship available to the winner of the 2022 USEF Saddle Seat Medal Finals. Created to support students who are committed to continuing their involvement in American Saddlebred and equine industries, the scholarship awards $20,000 to be used towards education expenses at Stephens College.
The tuition scholarship will be awarded to a student who wishes to enroll and pursue Equestrian Studies at Stephens College, in Columbia, Missouri. This tuition scholarship is good for any future attendance year and will be awarded in the following manner:
· A $20,000.00 scholarship will be awarded to the 2022 USEF Saddle Seat Medal Finals winner. The winner must declare in writing to USEF their intent to utilize the scholarship by November 25, 2022, pending admission to Stephens College to Emily McSweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org
· In the event that the 2022 USEF Saddle Seat Medal National Championship winner is unable to use this award, a USEF/ASHBA notification will be issued Monday, November 28, announcing that the scholarship has been opened to an application process. All riders that competed and qualified for the 2022 USEF Saddle Seat Medal Finals are eligible to apply. Applicants must be a competing member in good standing with USEF and ASHBA.
o Applicants who have been accepted to Stephens College and have already been awarded a full-tuition scholarship to Stephens College are ineligible to apply.
· The application process will be open from November 28 - December 9, 2022. All applications and video essays must be received by 12:00AM (midnight) ET December 9, 2022.
· The winner will be announced by email December 16, 2022. Finalists seeking enrollment in the spring or fall of 2023, must apply to Stephens College and be accepted to the college prior to the announcement in January 2023.
· The winner of The Stephens College $20,000 tuition Scholarship will be recognized at the January 13, 2023 USEF Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner in Lexington, Kentucky. The winner will subsequently be recognized at the 2023 ASHBA Annual Conference in Lexington, Kentucky.
For more information please visit: Stephens College Equestrian Scholarship . Any inquiries or questions should be directed to: Morgan King, ASHBA Development Manager, at email@example.com